M. Div. Degree Requirements
Normatively, the M.Div. degree is completed in three years of full-time residential study at the Seminary, and the Seminary encourages this pattern. The M.Div. may be completed on a part-time basis over a period of up to seven years, which may include an intern year. In consultation with the Admissions Committee, students are admitted in full-time residential status, full-time commuter status, or part-time commuter status. Changes between full-time and part-time status during the degree program must be approved by the Academic Affairs Committee.
Candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- possession of the degree of Bachelor of Arts or its equivalent;
- completion, unless admitted as a transfer student or as a part-time student, of three years of full-time academic residence (a minimum of
nine credits per term);
- completion, unless admitted as a commuter, part-time, or transfer student, of three years of physical residence at the Seminary;
- completion of (or exemption from) all foundation and required courses, including Field Education and Clinical Pastoral Education;
- accumulation of a minimum of 83 credits with a cumulative grade-point average of not less than C- (1.67).
Total credits required for graduation: 83