NJ Transit Info for Students
NJ Transit Discount for Students
Full-time college students can save 25 percent on NJ TRANSIT Monthly Passes when their school participates in our University Partnership Program. Getting the discount is simple.
Only applicaple for Rail Passes
- Pick up paper application from any ticket window from NJ transit
- Complete application
- GTS verifies student is enrolled as a full-time student
- Return to NJ transit
The student monthly pass is for the personal use of the student who purchased it and is restricted for use traveling to/from stations indicated on the pass for the sole purpose of attending school. Student passes are not honored to or from any other rail station except those printed on the pass, but they may be used on certain buses and light rail vehicles as permitted under NJ TRANSIT cross-honoring policies. NJ TRANSIT reserves the right to review applications for student passes to ensure compliance with NJ TRANSIT policies. Students must present their student identification card upon request by train crew personnel or other NJ TRANSIT representatives.
Below is some info and links for becoming a Zipcar member:
Your individual membership fee is only $25 per year, which is a lot less than it would be if you joined on your own. Your hourly and daily rates will also be substantially lower because this is a corporate account. So I invite you to join Zipcar under the General Theological Seminary account. As long as you are over 21, meet Zipcar safe driving standards, and are approved by the administrator, you’re in!
Please visit the following link, type in our company name (The General Theological Seminary) and fill out an application.
Is Zip Car for me?
- I take public transit, but need a car sometimes
- I want to save money
- I don’t want the hassle of owning a car
- I need a big car for a big job
How does it work?
- Join – Just apply today. It only takes a few minutes. Once you get approved, you get your very own Zipcard.
- Reserve – Reserve a car for a couple of hours or the entire day. Do it online or on the phone.
- Unlock – Walk to the car, then just hold your zipcard to the windshield. The doors will unlock.
- Drive – Drive away….and return to the same reserved parking spot at the end of your reservation.
- Gas – Using the gas card located in the Zipcar, you can fill up your Zipcar with free fuel at any gas station.
- Insurance – Comprehensive insurance is included as part of the low hourly and daily rate.
- Milaege – Each zipcar reservation comes with 180 miles per day.